Monday, January 23, 2012

Phone calls, screaming kid, and migraines....

Not fun.

Peter has been off the wall today. Nothing is making him happy, everything is either too loud or not loud enough. He's pulling his own hair, jumping everywhere, and screaming. I've tried every method I can think of to help him. Now he's sitting on me and kicking me as he watches cartoons but he's quiet so I'll take it.

What have I learned from today's phone calls? The psychiatry department at Children's doesn't take our insurance. Now we're working on finding a child psychiatrist that does. The neurologist and the family support liaison at Children's think Elizabeth's IEP is awful and are working on how they can help get that fixed. Our insurance will, in fact, pay for a neuropsych eval as long as its billed as a medical necessity and not an academic one. We really don't need one for academics so that works for me. L, from Children's, is working on finding a provider that will do that.

This neurologist evaluation was one of the best moves we've made so far. I'm absolutely thrilled at the work they are putting into advocating for my girl. Her therapist and I can hold her together... we just need the evals done so we know what we're dealing with and how to help her best.

On a completely separate note,

I want to take classes online in psychology. Traditional school isn't going to work for me. I can't leave the kids and make appointments around a class schedule I have to attend. Yes, most of those close to me think I've lost my mind but the truth is I really find all of this fascinating and I want to learn more so I can help my girl too.  

And the migraine....

It's become a daily event again. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment