Friday, June 18, 2010

More stuff..

So Lisa came out today from Early Intervention. It ended up being about an hour's worth of talking to me like I had no idea what I was dealing with. I think I finally made it clear that I've done this before and this isn't something new to me. She acted like she doesn't believe there is anything really wrong with him aside from a few sensory issues. I know she's wrong, and I'm going to keep on with our plan to get him evaluated by a pediatric neurologist to prove it.


The last thing I needed today was to be treated like I don't know what I'm doing. That aside, at least he will be getting weekly services from here on out to handle his sensory issues. I'd like some real valid proof that he understands language, but according to the eval they did earlier this week he's only at a 5-6 month level for receptive and expressive communication.

I finally have the eval....

Social Emotional -- 10 months
Cognitive Development -- 10 months
Fine Motor -- 12 months
Gross motor -- 14 months
Adaptive Development -- 13 months
Receptive and Expressive Communication --  5-6 months

Peter is 20 months old.

No comments:

Post a Comment