Wednesday, October 26, 2011

What I've been up to this week....

Let me start by saying that on Monday afternoon I found myself in extreme pain after coughing.... diagnosis.... cracked rib. NOT fun. As a matter of fact, incredibly painful.

Before that (and after, when I can actually function on the pain meds...) I've been crocheting. All of my ideas have come from various places on the internet... so far I can't seem to come up with my own patterns but I think I may in the future.  =)

So I started with this : 


I'll help you out here... it's a unicorn. It doesn't photograph well but its cute as hell! I made one for each of my girls and they absolutely adore them! They're quick and easy to make, and the pattern was free, which makes me happy!  =)

Well that was fun, but I wanted to do something different. A quick search for free patterns turned up this:


I made it (that's my neighbor's house in the background there..lol) and loved it. It is way too cute. But the kids wanted it and it didn't seem fun enough.... so ^ that turned into this :


 The face was all my idea and all my creation. I was quite proud of myself...lol. But there was a problem. I had one adorable pumpkin and four adorable children. I solved that pretty easily....



 There. Kids happy, problem solved. What to do now?

I decided to look around and see what I could come up with. I stumbled upon this: http://crochetingthedayaway.blogspot.com/2011/10/tunisian-crochet-how-to-basic-tunisian.html and decided to give it a try! The results were :



It was way too much fun! I really loved doing it. I could have done it all day, but I bore easily. On to the next project, but I didn't know what to do. Some clicking around here http://crochetingthedayaway.blogspot.com/ led to here http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/ and I discovered this http://attic24.typepad.com/weblog/blooming-flower-cushion.html. This was a MUST do. It's in progress :



So that about covers my recent crochet journey. Kids are doing well... They're loving my crochet journey because they get cool stuff!


No comments:

Post a Comment